earn while viewing advertisements

How Much More can we Take?

Last Saturday, oil companies raised their prices for fuels for the nth times. I don't really know how many times they have raised their prices, but one thing is for sure, fuel prices could swell so high that my motorcycle could no longer afford to take in what I used to put in. Is this an economy our government boast of?

As we all know, when fuel prices go up, all other things that uses it also goes up in prices. Rice in the some parts of this country is now sold at almost average PhP 45.00 per kilogram. What more can we eat? leftover bananas? Potato tops? Camote tops? Though they contain the same nutrient as rice, their prices are also blowing up. What could be left for Juan Dela Cruz to eat? What about the poor, how are they to eat with these price increase in food? How could a family of 5 hold its decent living with a small income, and high inflation rate?

Their price increase was not yet finished, before this week ends, another round of increase is expected? What can I afford now to fuel my ride? To light my home? To feed my family? With only PhP 8,000.00 (about US$200) take home pay every month, how am I to budget that with these price increases? These companies (oil retailers and refiners) have pumped out their wealth from us, ordinary people who cannot avoid but use their product. When can we move away from them? What is the government doing with the situation? Do they have a program that helps to develop programs/system/products that will do away with these money hogs? I think it is time that this government should give priority to scientist who can develop technologies that should help the people and not to drag the people to slavery and poverty. Or, maybe, they are doing nothing because these companies told them so? Is it the reason? Now tell me, do we have any more hope for this nation?

No comments: