earn while viewing advertisements

The Importance of Family

I have to deviate from my previous post topics that deals mainly with the issues of the governance and social system. This time, I would like to talk about the family.

I was always confronted with the question of what is more important, providing for your family's need or strengthen family ties and lead them not into drugs and bad peers.

I don't really know if my choice was right or wrong, or weather it is acceptable to many or not. It has always been a question of what is your priority in life. For me, I chose the later. I still believe that family ties and teaching the children proper values would conquer our need for better life. Though I cannot deny the urge is strong for me to choose a work that would provide better living for my family, I cannot leave them and go abroad.

Being an observer, I have seen a lot of families, though rich and wealthy of worldly possessions, whose members lacks the morals and values that for most of us, should come naturally. I have seen families broken and children going no where but drugs and vices that would tragically lead to crimes and before everyone knew it, it was already too late.

This thought came to me late last year and ever since I realize the effects of it, I loose the appetite of going to a faraway land to work and earn lots of money. Though we are on a tight budget here in this miserable country, I think, it is still best to stay and earn just enough to make my family alive for a month.


I hate to see my children grow without me, and the guidance of a father. I could never forgive myself if ever that happens. I just wish that this government would not forget its people, find ways to make life bearable and light. I still believe in the Filipino people.

No comments: